Job Title: Direct Fundraising Specialist - Lottery
Team/Group: Fundraising and Partnerships
Job Reports to: Direct Fundraising Group Lead - Lottery
Location: Kalmia Office, Ellerslie
This role will play a key part in managing the Direct Marketing and Direct response activities of the Heart Foundation’s Lottery programme. The role reports to the Direct Fundraising Group Lead – Lottery and works
alongside the Direct Fundraising Executive – Lottery to manage effective and on-time delivery of all direct marketing, communication and operational requirements for the Heart Foundation Lottery.
The Fundraising & Partnerships (F&P) team’s key responsibilities are delivering sustainable net voluntary income by engaging the New Zealand public in fundraising for the Heart Foundation through direct and relation-based programmes. The F&P team also aims to maximise the contribution from key partners to the Heart Foundation’s awareness, reach, engagement, programme delivery and equity goals. No direct reports
Direct Marketing strategy and planning
• Actively participate in project planning and review meetings with the wider lottery team, fundraising, marketing, shared services, and key suppliers
• Annual review of direct marketing collateral with the Heart Foundation’s Graphic Designer to identify cost efficiencies for the lottery programme
• Day to day management of the Lottery programme as it relates to direct marketing and fulfilment, including management of the supporter journey across all touch points
• Day to day management of data outputs and supporter communication approval process to ensure supporters receive the
right communication, at the right time, via the right channel
• Implementation of direct marketing strategies for acquisition, including management of media and external list rental agencies.
• Day to day management of supplier relationships to ensure stable and effective working arrangements
• Working with internal stakeholders to project manage the production of direct marketing communication including, not limited to, direct mail packs, lottery brochure, inserts, media inserts, email communication, digital and website assets on time and within budget and manage stakeholder approval process
• Review and approve cost estimates per lottery within budget, negotiate project costs that are not contractual based with suppliers where relevant to ensure direct marketing material is delivered as cost effectively as possible, including an annual review in conjunction with Direct Fundraising Group Lead – Lottery, of all direct marketing collateral, fulfilment, and print.
• Collect, collate, analyse, and report on key measurements for the Lottery programme in conjunction with internal stakeholders (e.g. Data Services, Digital Services, Communications teams)
• Contribute to the continuous review, assessment, and analysis of all direct marketing activity for the lottery programme to ensure future communications are as powerful and effective as possible
• Work alongside the Data Services Team (or external agencies as appointed by the Heart Foundation) to understand buying behaviour, model and test strategies to increase average tickets purchased, lifetime value, acquire new customers and decrease churn.
Fundraising and Partnerships Teamwork
• Work alongside internal stakeholders that support the lottery programme such as Supporter Care, Marketing and Communications, Data Services, Graphic Designer, and Fundraising Copywriter
• Work alongside the Direct Fundraising Specialist – Individual and Regular Giving and Events Fundraising Specialist on data briefs when donor audiences will be touched with lottery activity
• Contribute and support the wider Fundraising and Partnerships team as required and provide support and cover as directed by the Direct Fundraising Group Lead – Lottery.
This position reports to the Direct Fundraising Group Lead - Lottery. The linkages are to the following:
• Direct Fundraising Executive – Lottery
• Direct Fundraising Specialist – Development Lottery
• Lottery Operations Manager
• Graphic Designer
• Fundraising Copywriter
• Direct Fundraising Specialist – Individual and Regular Giving
• Supporter Care Team
• Data Services Team
• Development Fundraising team
• Marketing and Communications Team
• Regional operations
• IT Services Team
• HF staff and volunteers.
Key relationships must be maintained with appropriate individuals and organisations outside the Heart Foundation:
• Partners e.g. prize partners, promotional collaborators etc
• Other consultants as required, in support of the Direct Fundraising Group Lead - Lottery.
Key Capabilities needed to succeed:
Experience /Skills (includes Qualifications):
• Relevant Marketing Degree or equivalent
• At least three years in a marketing environment with at least two years’ experience in a structured direct marketing operation
• Experience managing direct marketing campaigns
• Experience managing marketing or project budgets
• Experience with Fundraising databases
• Strong consumer / supporter focus
• Creative and innovative
• Compelling evidence of time management and project management skills
• Ability to develop high quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Solid budgeting skills, including commercial and financial acumen
• Highly organised with experience of working under pressure, to effectively plan, prioritise and coordinate a complex workload, undertake multiple tasks and manage multiple projects
• Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines regardless of possible setbacks
• Good problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to analyse data
• Understanding of good fundraising copywriting.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly computer literate, including advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
• Experience of working within a charity direct marketing operation
• Experience in digital marketing
The Heart Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation and has identified three
underpinning values, which it upholds in all its operations.
CONNECTED: INSIDE AND OUT
Our desire to stop New Zealanders dying prematurely from heart disease is a collaborative effort. We work in strong effective teams to get the job done to the highest standard. We look for opportunities to create partnerships with other organisations and in our communities, to come together and really make an impact.
PUMPING: PASSIONATE FOR CHANGE
We are alive with ideas and inspiration to help people to fulfil their lifetimes. We excel at initiating conversations and stimulating change. The fact that we are not done yet gives us energy and drive to enrich the nation’s heart health with
vigour. We relish what we do and thrive on making a difference.
REAL: LIVE IT, BREATHE IT
We walk the talk. We always strive to deliver on our promises and do what we say we’re going to do. Our professionalism and dedication shines through in every interaction. We’re a credible and respected voice.
The job description above gives a general overview of the role and level of work to be performed by
the incumbent. It is not a prescriptive list of all responsibilities and skills required. Reasonable
changes to the role may be made if appropriate.